Making the Shift to Peaceful Parenting Six-Week Teleclass
Making the Shift to Peaceful Parenting Six-Week Teleclass
Get your peaceful parenting tool kit together.
Note: If you haven't already, visit the upcoming events page to see all times and dates (all times are USA Eastern Time). And, if you don't see anything on the schedule that would work for you, click here to send a message to be alerted about new class times being offered and indicate a time and day preference.
This teleclass series is an opportunity for parents to get their parenting practice in alignment with the way they want to be.
I hear from so many parents that they want to parent their kids peacefully but feel they haven't been able to. There are lots of reasons why parents struggle with this, and in this teleclass series we get to the bottom of what really interferes. We discuss practical strategies to deal with our own internal feelings that color the way we relate to our kids.
The point of this practical class is to gain access to parenting tools that feel good to employ and are effective, without yelling, hitting, sarcasm, coercion, or threats. This isn't hands-off parenting; this isn't so-called permissive parenting. This isn't walk-all-over-mom-and-dad parenting, either! This is involved, honest, practical peaceful parenting.
- how to remove YELLING from the toolkit (and why that'd be a good idea),
- what to replace yelling with so that you have great tools in your toolkit,
- why kids behave maladaptively and how to best support them when they do--without feeling like a doormat,
- why kids melt down and have tantrums, and how to get through these times,
- how to turn around unwanted behavior (including the parents'),
- how to help kids cooperate better,
- how to help kids communicate more effectively,
- how parents themselves can communicate more effectively,
- what children really need from their parents,
- how to meet kids' needs without that nagging feeling that they are also sacrificing their own needs,
- how to turn things around when parents feel they have absolutely "lost it,"
- how to transition from coercive, punitive parenting to peaceful parenting without feeling like they're being walked all over,
- how to respond more effectively,
- how to make power struggles a distant memory (really!),
- how to develop strategies that feel good and that turn things around fast without losing their cool,
- how to stop hitting,
- how to help a parenting partner gain these skills, too,
- positive steps to end bullying, AND
- how to take better care of themselves so that they can be more responsive to their children and be the person they want their children to become!
Here are a couple of things to know about the class:
We meet via teleconference for six consecutive weeks at the specified day and time. (Contact Marji by clicking here to send a message if you haven't found a time that is practical for you. We are happy to arrange workable days/times for people to attend from all over the globe.)
Week 1: Overview and Some Crucial Information
Week 2: Walking Our Talk
Week 3: Healing from Emotional Pain
Week 4: Learning Effective Communications Skills for Great Cooperation
Week 5: Helping Our Kids Develop Resilience
Week 6: Putting It All Together ~ And...More Crucial Info for Moving Ahead
How does the teleclass/workshop work? Here's how:
- All participants dial into a conference line at class time (local numbers are available for more than 55 countries). We begin each session with a check-in, during which each participant (who wants to, of course) shares his or her successes, struggles, questions, or stumbles, and we discuss that. We then jump into the content for that week.
- Class size is limited to no more than 6 participants/couples, because it is a highly interactive class, and this affords everyone the time to engage and be supported.
- At the end of each weekly session, homework is offered that is related to what we discussed during the session. These "assignments" help deepen the participants' experience and learning.
- Each session is recorded and uploaded to a private password-protected page on the Peaceful Parent Whisperer website along with an outline of the content and the notes and homework for that session. The page is only accessible to the participants for confidentiality's sake. Participants can either download the recordings to listen to later and/or share with their parenting partner, or they can listen right there on the website. This is beneficial in case a participant has to miss a session or leave early or tend to their child during the class.
- During the 6-week program (and afterwards, too), Marji is available, either by telephone, by email, or via a private Facebook group that will have been set up for the times in between session when folks may need a little more help or may want to support each other. This is a very critical part of what makes this program so effective!
- If you have any other questions about how this works, or if you have any concerns or issues (like, you'd really like to participate but you're not sure how you'll manage money-wise), please reach out. We will figure out something. I have never turned anyone away because finances were tricky, and I'm not about to start now.
And, remember: If you don't find a session on the calendar that is workable for you, please be aware that we are always scheduling new sessions. We generally arrange the scheduling based on when the participants can make it (for instance, a recent session began at 10 pm to accommodate the participants' needs). Let us know what your scheduling needs are by clicking here to send a message.
The point is that if you want to take the class but feel that there is something holding you back, let's see if we can find a way around that obstacle.
So...need more information? Have some questions? Want to take the class but the time isn't right? Drop me a line. You can send a message or call me on the phone (845-657-3111). As the Beatles used to say, "We can work it out!"
The total cost for the six-week series is $150, and a payment plan is available. And, if you want to take this class, but you have financial considerations, use this link to send a message so we can make it happen.
NOTE: Both parents are invited and encouraged to attend for no additional charge.
Consider this: For the price of a few lattes per week, you could get started on the path to transform your whole relationship with your kids. Forever.
Space is limited, though, and reservations are a must. Click here to visit the calendar page to pick a time and day that works best for you and your family. You can reserve your spot there.
Here are some things that people who have actually taken the class have to say about their experience: